No flour Pan Fried Korean Zucchini (Hobak jeon)
Updated: May 29
Pan-fried Korean Zucchini is one of the popular dishes for New Year's day and Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) as well as family parties.
It is easy to make and is often made with flour but here I am showing you how to make it without flour. Nowadays, more and more people are trying to eat healthily and are choosing to reduce their intake of flour.
Some mint, parsley, chili
1. First, slice the zucchini evenly, about 0.5 cm each.
2. Prepare eggs in a separate bowl and beat them.
3. Preheat a pan without oil. Cook the sliced zucchini pieces slightly on the heated pan so they are slightly cooked.
4. Then, put the sliced zucchini into the bowl of eggs.
5. Make sure each slice is well covered by the eggs.
7. Put oil in the heated pan and place the egg-covered zucchini slices on the pan.
8. Place a mint leaf, parsley leaf, or a sliced chili in the middle of the zucchini before turning them around.
9. Cook both sides and then place them on a kitchen towel first so the axcess oil can be absorbed.
10. When they are ready, dip them in the magic soy sauce.
You can enjoy them with rice or just as they are!
Please enjoy the short video clip demonstrating the recipe!